Sunday 26 May 2013

Clinique 3-Step Skin Care


I began using Clinique when i was about 18 years old (my mother ruined me with expensive products at an early age) I suffered with acne at the time but also with terribly dry skin. Most products on the market for acne prone skin are designed for oily or combination skin which made my skin even more dry.
So on a visit to a Clinique counter and a quick skin analysis I was directed to the 3 step skin care regime.

STEP 1: Liquid Facial Soap (Mild)
I loved using this cleanser. It glides onto the face and lathers up well. It never irritated my eyes which alot of cleansers are prone to do as I often get them into my eyes. It has no smell what so ever which is a plus for me as I really don't like facial products to have any sort of smell of them (strange, I know). It also lasted a long time as one pump was more than enough to cover the whole face to feel like my face was adequately cleansed.

STEP 2: Clarifying Lotion 2
The controversial toner. Loved by many and hated by many. Some find it a great product with great benefits and others find it terrible for their skin due to the amount of alcohol in it. At the time I started using this product I had no idea it even had alcohol in it so I proceeded to use it blind as they say. Initially, I loved it my skin felt soft, smooth, glowing and looked very healthy. However I still had acne. When I say acne I mean REALLY REALLY bad acne. Not just on the skin but also under the skin. I took a visit to a dermatologist recently who told me that someone with acne should NEVER use products with alcohol in them. So i stopped using this product and just used the other two and I must say my skin has improved. I don't have nearly as many spots (although i do still have some). If you don't not suffer with acne or any skin complaints which are irritated by alcohol, I strongly recommend this toner as it really does do what it promises.

STEP 3: Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion
The last in the 3 step routine is the moisturiser. I really enjoy using this product. It is so light and non greasy and yet it leaves my skin very soft and moisturised with a slight glow. The product lasted a long time as very little is need to get the job done. As I mentioned above I have very dry skin but I never felt like I could do with more moisture while using this product. I must say I love this moisturiser, its no surprise it has won so many awards over the years.


These three products do work extremely well together. When I stopped using the toner and just used the cleanser and moisturiser my face didn't feel as good. The moisturiser took a bit longer to sink into the skin. If you have no problems with alcohol products I really do recommend these products. I have since passed the toner on to my mother who has since purchased all three and LOVES using them on her face. These products really do what they say they will do so you get what you pay for in my opinion. If i didn't have such bad acne I would definitely still be using all three products.






No comments:

Post a Comment