Sunday 26 May 2013

Argania Organic Moroccan Argan Hair Oil


Recently, hair oil has become the must have hair care product. they promise to nourish and smooth hair, banish frizz, create brilliant shine, detangle and condition and protect for heat styling. When I first heard of the benefits of using hair oil I shook my head in disbelief. When I seen the average price per bottle, I shook my head some more.

However, I still wanted to try these "miracle" oils but the price always put me off. Then I found this little beauty sitting on the shelf in Boots at a fraction of the price (€20/£15 for 100ml) so decided to give it a try.

The benefits of Argania Organic Moroccan Argan Hair Oil are as follows:
  • Antioxidant rich protection for all hair types.
  • Eliminates frizz between washes.
  • Gives hair instant lustre and body without leaving an oily residue.
  • Protects and assists in extending the life of hair colour.
  • Restores and rejuvenates damaged hair.
  • Great for detangling wet hair when combing.
  • Soothing and conditioning for the scalp.
  • Provides heat protection during styling and reduces blow drying time. 
Sounds wonderful but does it live up to the hype and more importantly does it give the more expensive oils a run for its money?

I tried the product after a shower on wet hair, I put a small amount in the ends of my hair and proceeded to blow dry my hair as usual. I have naturally curly hair but tend to blow dry it straight as I get fed up with how frizzy it can get. 

After I blow dried my hair I noticed my hair was very smooth and soft with a wonderful healthy shine with no frizz. I was utterly amazed as I had convinced myself there was no way any product could promise so much and actually do all that it promised (especially after one use) but it did. 

I would advise anyone using such oils in their hair to take a "less is more" approach as to much can leave your hair heavy and dead looking and at times quite greasy, and whatever you do DO NOT use near your roots or you will be re-washing your hair. 

Overall, I love it. This has fast become my new favourite hair product. Personally I think it is well worth the money as a little goes a long way. I have this bottle about 3 months and there is still half a bottle to get through. 

Next time your in boots make the investment...your hair will thank you for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment